As your doula, I support you in the birth that you desire. You know what is best for you and your growing family, and I respect and support the path you choose to welcome your baby into the world. I believe in your body and your strength, and I encourage you to connect with your intuition and own inner wisdom. My role as your doula is to provide continuity of care throughout your pregnancy and labor so that you and your partner feel empowered in your decisions and trust in your own unique way of birthing your baby.
I respect the roles of all members of your birthing team. Depending on what you decide prenatally, I can either be your primary support person throughout your labor, or I can assist your partner or other loved one as your primary support person. I encourage your partner to participate in supporting you throughout your labor and remind your partner of various techniques that can help you stay calm and strong. I also encourage partners to practice good self-care throughout the labor so that they can remain fully present for you.
As your doula, I am a witness to the birth of your new family. I am honored and humbled to be present for such an intimate and transformative experience.
My Birth Services Include:
- A free consultation to determine if I am a good fit for you and your family.
- Two prenatal visits in the comfort of your home to discuss your preferences and vision for your birth, to practice coping strategies with you and your partner, and to get to know one another so that we all work comfortably together throughout your labor. For families planning a homebirth, this is also a time for me to get to know your children and/or other members of your birth team who will be present during your labor.
- Ongoing emotional & informational support by phone, email or text throughout your pregnancy.
- Unlimited referrals and access to resources throughout your pregnancy and into the postpartum period.
- 24/7 On-call support starting at 38 weeks of your pregnancy until your baby is born.
- Back-up support in the unlikely event that I am ill and unable to attend your birth (you may meet the back-up doula at one of our prenatal visits).
- Continual support for you and your birth partner(s) throughout your labor, as well as the immediate postpartum period (1-2 hours after the birth of your baby).
- One postpartum visit in your home to process your birth experience, assist with breastfeeding, and to provide any needed resources/referrals. (For additional postpartum support, please view my "Postpartum Services" page.)
SIBLING DOULA SERVICES:
I offer sibling doula services to families planning home or hospital births. As a sibling doula, I will tend to your birth space and will care for your older children while you labor.
Fee for Birth Services:
Please contact me for current fees. I believe that doula services should be accessible to everyone; special circumstances are always considered and payment plans can be arranged.